Monday, June 30, 2008

Deeper Still

I just went with my mom to the Deeper Still conference in Atlanta, GA. We had a great time and learned alot. I learned so much that it will take several posts, but I am starting with the big main points in this one. In no particular order:



1. Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine. The servants had to obey Jesus to put the water in the pots, but they then had to have faith, becasue it didn't turn into wine until it was actually poured out. We can pour the word and knowledge of God into us all we want, but the miracle doesn't happen until we start pouring it out in our lives and our actions.

2. God loves us enough to teach us! That is why He puts us in the wilderness. The Isrealites were the farthest away from the promised land when they got to Mt. Sinai and were able to hear God's real voice and see His Glory. He put them in the wilderness to build their faith. Without the wilderness, we would never know that God provided manna every day, without faith.

3. Love the word of God, Pray, Love others, Mourn for the unsaved and rest! Kay Arthur is just awesome!

4. I can stop feeling guilty about not being able to have a long, in depth quiet time every day. For everything there is a season and my season right now does not allow for sitting down uninterupted for 45 minutes. Pray without ceasing and allow the Holy Spirit to minister to me all the time.

5. Tell my friends about my blog. My witness and ministry is to be transparent and I have always known that. This includes letting people read my diary. It is a huge step of faith for me. I pray that I don't start writing differently because I know others are reading it. I pray that this place will Glorify God.

No comments: