Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Next Step

I hate not knowing what is the next step in something. It makes me feel helpless, and out of control. I guess that is probably the point from God's point of view. He is trying to teach me that I am not in control, He is and as long as I trust Him, then everything will be OK. I just wish I knew when, how and what I need to do to make it happen.

Lord, I know I am stubborn and you have to teach me the same lessons over and over. Please give me comfort in not knowing the next step. Please help me to be content with not knowing how, since I know Who holds my future. You are so much better equipped than me to do it anyway.

There is a song by Switchfoot that has a line, "Let me know that you hear me, let me feel your touch, let me know that love me and let that be enough."

Oh God, I so want to be content where ever I am. Let that be enough.

No comments: