Friday, February 27, 2009

Hebrews part 2

Chapter 7 - Melchizedek

7:17 - "For He testifies: "You are a priest forever, According to the order of Melchizedek."

Melchizedek is an important guy, obviously, if God chooses this to be the order that Jesus is a part of, but yet he does not have a lot of mention in the bible. There is no genealogy of Him and no record of his death. He had very little time on stage, so to speak. He was the priest that Abraham gave his tithe to, however, and this is the line that Jesus Christ is in the order of as a priest forever, as apposed to the Levitical priesthood.
*Time on stage doesn't equal importance to God. Obedience to His command, however big or small, is what matters to the one who sees all.

7:25 - Therefore, He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them.
* Jesus has conquered death
* Jesus intercedes for me! that means when I don't know what to say or how to pray, I can simply come, show up and ask Him to do the same. I can just say, "Lord, read my heart and intercede on my behalf." How refreshing to know that I don't have to have words to communicate with God.

No comments: