Monday, August 3, 2009

Random

I haven't posted in awhile so I am just putting a list of some things I have been thinking about.

1. Thanks to The Coffee Bar, I am slowly but surely drinking more caffeine every day. This is not a good thing!
2. Korey and Krissy are starting school. I have mixed emotions on this. I am glad to be back in a better routine and I know both girls are ready for school, but it means they are growing up. I don't mind that it means that I am getting older, but it scares me that they will have so many other influences in their lives now. I pray for the Lord's protection and for wisdom.
3. I can't wait for BSF to start. I am just not as diligent as I should be with bible study and quiet time without it.
4. I am scared to death about the idea of government run health care. What if Rich's cancer comes back? Will he get the care he needs in time?
5. God is teaching me to be present in the moment that I am in. By His grace, I am learning to not be anxious especially when things are beyond my control. The other day, Jennie and I locked the keys in the car and had to wait for AAA. I didn't get upset at all. As a matter of fact I laughed! And I am so happy for the time that Jennie and I got to sit on the hood of her car and just talk. We didn't talk about the Coffee Bar, church or even kids, we just talked and laughed. It was great. It ended up being a great gift of fellowship with a good friend. I think it's cool when He does that; gives us little detours from our plans to stop and invest in a friendship.
6. I think I am going to color my hair red.
7. I am so glad that my parents raised me to understand that Christianity isn't a heritage or a religion, but a relationship with Christ. I may not have always walked with the Lord, but I can't imagine not always knowing Him.

No comments: