Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My song of praise

All creation cries out your Name
Singing glory hallelujah
when I feel the wind on my face
I am reminded of Your gentle power
And loving grace
Your strong Tower
and warm embrace

That you beg me to rest under Your wing
And bask in your true beauty and light
In Your presence I hear salvations ring
and see your promises become light

Although I am rebelious and immature
You are constant and pure
Your justice is tempered only by Your grace
And I am humbled and thankful to be allowed
a glimpse of Your face

Who am I that You would think of me?
And yet you call me precious and princess
Who and I that You would consider me?
And yet you died for me.

My king who washes His disciples feet
And willfully goes to the cross in percieved defeit

yet death has no sting
no victory

You hold the universe in one hand
and me in the other....me, You love

Me...You hear
Me...You save

What can I do but praise
What can I say but thank you

I rest at the foot of the cross
And in the shadow of Your wing

No comments: