Friday, July 6, 2007

Blame

I was Reading Genesis 3-4. Isn't it interesting that even the first 2 people so easily tried to blame someone else for a sin they had committed. We so often try to pass the buck. "But, she told me to!" I couldn't help but laugh at that when Adam said this to God. It just goes to show how easily we as humans can be influenced. It also shows how important it is that we rely on God and stay connected with Him through His word. This is the only way that He can be the biggest influence on our lives. The only way to safeguard us from ourselves. Lord knows, left to my own devices, I am cranky, moody and selfish in my decisions. I am rash and want everything right now. It is only when I am connected with God, through His word and prayer, that I begin to put things in perspective.

We are leaving today to go on vacation to the beach. My mom has always said that seeing the ocean helps her to put things in perspective. The vastness of the ocean compared to how finite and small we are, helps her to remember the Greatness of God vs. the meekness of man. And the water itself is such a powerful thing. It is soft enough to bathe my children in yet strong enough to wipe out cities, countries and even the whole world once.

I love vacations, but you don't feel guilty for just sitting around and doing nothing. I am looking forward to doing nothing and watching the beautiful sunsets each night over the water. I am looking forward to a good healthy dose of perspective.

No comments: