Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Some things I've learned from my dog

As most people know, I have two dogs. Buster Rhymes Nagel, the basset hound, and Frank Zappa Nagel, the dachshund. They are both pretty funny dogs, both were rescues and have "issues" but we love them dearly. Buster is my favorite and yes, I am allowed to have a favorite dog. I can't have a favorite kid, but I can with dogs. Buster use to go to work with me everyday and he even had his own jobs at the animal center. Since we have moved to Georgia, he is retired and has taken on a life of leisure. I was watching him the other day and realized that I have learned a great deal from that silly boy.



Some things I have learned from my dog:



A good stretch and big yawn, sometimes makes you want to go right back to bed.



Worry is a useless emotion; it stresses you out and makes you want to eat through the front door, but in the end, it just gets you splinters in your tongue. It's much more productive to take a nap and let God worry for you.



Even people who love you are mean to you sometimes. It's best to leave them alone, go back to your doghouse and in a few minutes come back with forgiveness in your heart and your tail wagging. By then, you've forgotten what happened anyway.



Being quick to forgive and quick to give love can heal just about any wound in anyone that is around you.



There's never a bad time to take a nap.



Squirrels are evil.



Trust and complete obedience in the One who holds your future (and the key to the dog food) is the only way to go.



Bigger ears don't necessarily mean you can hear better, it just means you are more likely to trip over them when you get really excited chasing a squirrel.

No comments: