Friday, October 3, 2008

I received this update on Jenna. Thank you and keep praying!

"Jenna is doing much better this evening. She is completely off the respirator and heart medication and is only taking Tylenol with codeine for pain. This is a young lady who just had heart surgery yesterday! I would call this a miracle. The doctors are thinking about moving her into a regular room tomorrow if all stays well as he thinks it will.Thank you all for you prayers, they are working. Nancy and Everett (Jenna's Grandparents) thanks all of you for you love, support and prayers during this very frightening time."

God listens and responds to the prayers of his people. I don't understand why or how. I often wonder why God is mindful of our lives at all, but I know He is and He loves us. I also know that praying for Jenna has helped me to stay outside myself and focus more on the true reason I am on earth at all: To love God with all my heart, mind and soul and to love my neighbor as myself.

No comments: